Sunday, May 19, 2013

Simple Sunday...Fly me to the moon...

Nothing
seemed to go right yesterday afternoon
in my magic kingdom.

As a last resort,
I decided to try and play with 
the new stamp that came in the mail.

All things considered,
not bad!

I wish the itty bitty sentiment below
Fly me to the moon
was a wee bit bigger---
it says
and let me play among the stars.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE...crescent moons!

Background paper is CTMH--
which means it has a white core--
so sanding those edges to give it a distressed look
(and help hide the fact that it may be a tad shy
of meeting the edge of the coaster chipboard base! ; )
I stamped in white Brilliance ink
and then restamped with Momento black
so I could color the girl and moon with Copics.
I used a Q-tip (too lazy to get up and get a dauber
(would have been too fat anyway...)
and covered the moon with Versamark ink
then with holographic embossing powder.
Added the CTMH blue ribbon bow.
It needed something on that left side still...
I didn't have any small star stamps--
but I did have the CTMH silver glitter tape!
Originally I was going to use the stars only
but the strip cut in a banner...well!
And, if you look closely, you'll find the stars were used, too!

Now the sad thing is...
the POP DOT QUEEN
is slap-dab out of POP DOTS.
This is serious.
Stand by to call 911 please.

Better go get my buns ready for church!

Until next time,
happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings, 
ps. 
Spell checker has all the crafty
words highlighted! lol!
Do they have a spell check version
for crafters?!



No comments: