Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day!



Top o' the evenin' to ye, lads and, more likely, lassies!
Oh, and any rogue leprechauns that may be lingering about!
 
At least I seem to be getting some posts done for holidays at least
if no other time!
 
I wanted to send some St. Patrick's Day cards to a few friends
I do not have the first bit of Irish in me (English and German)
but
I married an Irishman
who called me his little red-headed leprechaun
(yes, I can  be a little mischievous at times!)
 
Anyway---here's what I came up with:
The mason jar stamp and die are from Lawn Fawn.
The friend stamp is from Stampin` Up.
I just happened to have the small shamrock punch in my stash-
so each one of those are hand-punched, color dusted and the centers
colored with a white colored pencil.
Then I just applied a little pressure to the center
while they were on my mouse pad
to give it a little dimension.
I made 6 of these cards...oh!
And the trick to make the shaker part easy-peasy...
I cut a piece of foam--yes, craft foam--fun foam--
whatever you call it--
just slightly smaller than the yellow designer paper--
and then I die cut the mason jar out.
I used two layers of foam and glued them together
with fun foam glue.
Worked like a charm!
The acetate is glued to the back of the dp--then the fun foam layers
and then the card background piece that was cut the same size
as the front dp piece.
Hope that makes sense!
If not, go to the Lawn Fawn website and watch the video on how to make
a shaker card-that is where I got this idea  to start with!
You can see a tiny glimpse of the micro beads
that I added for some gold---just at the bottom right corner.
The layering and the glue worked great-no leaks like I`ve often had
trying to do this with foam tape!



For the inside of the card
I used a retired Close To My Heart stamp set...
(since my computer was in the shop for repairs...)

and a tiny Studio G shamrock

The envelopes were of course covered with some shamrocks as well.
 

Our Poppa Cat wasn`t so lucky-
we learned about a month ago that, somehow,
he managed to to break his pelvis!
That and he has severe arthritis in his hips.
Oh, and before he came to live with us
(he was a feral who came in one day and wouldn`t leave...!)
he had been shot twice and the pellets are still in him.
Did I mention he`s also diabetic and starting with early kidney issues..
So momma has had her nurses   ``vet tech`` cap on again (yet, still!)
We`ve been doing lots of meds along with a week of 3x a day cold laser
therapy treatments at home.
He`s improving.
 
So when I`ve not been doing cat care,
or working,
or trying to keep up with the rest of life-
I`ve squeaked in a little --and I do mean little!--craft time.
Hope to change that-soon!
 
Until next time,
May the luck o` the Irish be with ye!
Happy stamping and scrapping.
Blessings,


No comments: