Sunday, July 19, 2009

Surfin' ...

...and I don't mean on the web! This is the real-deal! Anyone who knows me knows that my
most favorite stamping thing after pop-dots are -----do you know? Do you remember?! There are a few clues in this card! I first made this style card for my "nephew" (aka my best friend's son) some years back with a basketball theme. The card shown here I submitted to PaperCrafts Birthday Blowout contest however they didn't pick it (what won was the card I did in 10 minutes or less before I dashed out the door for work-go figure! Anyway, back to the card...
This picture is far from perfect...but I think you will get the idea! The "woody" station wagon and the palm tree are stickers (not sure by who), the sun a stamp by Judith, the plane with the banner is a clip art image from Greetings Workshop cd by Hallmark. The slidemounts on the left...have been covered with dp and then using clear labels I added my "captions": the first one says "surf's up!" and is a picture of James as a baby in a bucket; the second one is "water boy" and he's standing in the ocean; the third one is "official beach bum" and its him as a teenager skim boarding. And yes, that's him now (well, then-) holding his surfboard! I simply printed out the picture and cut him out! FYI, gold and silver microbeads make perfect sand! ; ) I used a TON of pop dots on this card to give it dimension. I like using the slide mounts as mini photo frames and including the childhood pictures with the present. It's almost a mini-photo album in a card! Well, my friends, my "to do" list is ten miles long today-and this week--so you'll see me pulling out some of my older projects most likely and maybe sharing a tip or two. One last note, please keep Julie and her husband, Roger in your prayers. They are going to Duke to schedule a bone marrow transplant for Roger. It's a difficult time for them but we serve and awesome God! Blessings, Sharon

No comments: