Sunday, May 29, 2011

And the BLUE RIBBON goes to....



Brook Russell for his CRAB SOUP!  The spoon in this display has been sitting, with the ribbon attached, in a vase on my Hoosier for ?? months since he won it! It was time to give it a more permanent--and PROMINENT--home. This is what I came up with...




The shadow box I used was an awesome deal at AC Moore in the unfinished wood section of the store. Hopefully, you won't have to deal with the utterly rude sales person Theresa and I had to!  Had I not driven an hour to get there I would have walked out.  Yep, that bad. the 2-3 pieces of 12x12 paper were crammed in with the wooden items and paints and therefore bent-the frame with its glass wasn't wrapped to protect it...sigh.  Anyway-I think it came out pretty nice. I was able to get the photos of the tag I made for the pot on the table, him with his ribbon and the pot on the stove. A local sub shop featured his soup two days of the week following the Soup Off--and they sold out both days within an hour or so!  I have a photo of the sign they had on the their counter as well as him sampling their version of it ("It's a bit bland and the onions taste burned--but it's still good!")  The ribbon's protected and the spoon *could* be removed if he decided he wanted to use it. I don't *think* it's "too girly" looking--very simple.  And, speaking of crab soup, being able to eat that again will be worth the pain and frustration of the surgery! ; )
Whew. So now it's time to feed the cats, find something COLD to drink (I think it's 85 in here at least--) and then work on finishing the cards for the preschool teachers.  They are colored-despite not having the copic markers I wanted and had to order at class last week. They are somewhere...God only knows where. I treated myself to a set of new colored Crayola pencils and  they worked ok with the few copics and sharpies I have.  Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping.  Blessings, Sharon

No comments: