Monday, May 23, 2011

What a way to start the day!

We woke up earlier than usual for some reason this morning.  Hubby had breakfast-I had my coffee...he went downstairs to "putz" a little before going to work and I began my morning blog-hopping ritual. When he came back up to get his gear he said, "I have something for you..." This is a loaded statement coming from him-the man who handed his nature-loving mom a  SNAKE (yes, a real snake!) in her kitchen!  I cautiously turned around and said, "Ohhh...?" and  he handed me this:
a perfect, beautiful, dew-dropped hibiscus!  When I commented on how pretty and perfect it was, he told me it was just like me!  Awwww....what a way to start my day! 
  We have a lot of bushes so summer brings lots of blooms and you'll often find them on our kitchen bar,  windows sill, the bathrooms, the bedroom... I think I will take this one to work with me so I can enjoy it as their life span is only one day! They are a  good reminder that we only have...today...we're not promised a tomorrow...just the now.  So take it and enjoy it-make the most of it. Treasure it. End of sermon!

While waiting for the photos to upload, I went into the kitchen to refill my coffee cup. This is what I found in there:



This is the space between my cupboards and the ceiling! I have several decorative pitchers up there..and a few knick-knacks...and, obviously, a cat! This is the "baby", aka Inky.  When he really was a baby (he's 4 now...) I often found him up there curled up next to this guy:

 Too funny!  Wish I could nap the day away-or stay home and stamp and scrap, but alas, it's time to get ready to go to work.  Actually, I get to scrap on the computer since I do the church newsletters and bulletins and get to play with layouts and clip art-so it's not really work-but shhh, don't tell them that-I really like my paycheck! Lol! Until next time,  take time to smell the flowers and...happy stamping and scrapping. Blessings, Sharon

1 comment:

Kristin said...

What a lovely thing to do to make you feel special! I think that is really thoughtful of your husband. What a guy! Now all the women are wishing their husbands would do the same!