Monday, November 28, 2011

With Sympathy...

I have goosebumps right now-I was running late for work as I was doing this post to help one of my CTMH sisters out as she needed ideas for a sympathy card.  I arrived at work (I am a church secretary) to find out a member had passed away over the week-end...! -- S.


No, no one has died
that I am sending sympathy wishes to--
but Sympathy Cards
are what I chose to do for our
Christmas Groupie Swap.
Why?
Because no one likes to have to buy them let alone make them.
So I thought I would do those.

I've made several different ones over the years...
from pets...
to people...
but I really really wanted something clean and simple
(somehow "extras" on a sympathy card just doesn't seem right to me-
too much glitz and whatever--well, it isn't what I wanted...)
and something that I could mass produce easily
and just have on hand
This is what I came up with
The "Thinking of You" is on a small flap that I just attached
to the back right-hand side of the card-
it just folds around the front-
Yes, you could cut the card base so it's all one piece
but this, for me, is easier...
I *think* the sentiment is from CTMH Card Chatter--
could be wrong, tho--

here's a view of it slightly open.
The inside sentiment says
Expressing heartfelt sympathy
and offering a prayer
that God above will comfort you
and ease the loss you bear

I have one more card that I will do for the swap-
yes, another sympathy,
based on
(I couldn't find the photo easily)
I think I will avoid the pop-up look
but stick with the sentiment
we'll see-stay tuned!
Better go get these buns ready for work-
I am late!
Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings,


No comments: