Monday, February 13, 2012

Can you keep my secret?

If you can---
I am sharing my Valentine for my sweetheart
a day early!
So excited to get this card done this afternoon
I can't wait to share it.
Here's hoping hubby won't look at my blog
between now and tomorrow morning!
This is the Word Card that
Splitcoaststampers featured a week or so ago.
Isn't it adorable?!
The dp is from a small 6x6 or 8x8 pad
I picked up on sale at ACMoore.
I stamped the cream colored card stock with
a retired background stamp from a CTMH set
in---CHOCOLATE ink!

Yes, that's a pic of us on the heart-

and yes, I am wearing a Santa hat (with a tiara!)
but it was the most recent pic I had of us
and while you can't see it well here---
I was sitting in his lap,
he had a silly smile on his face,
our arms around one another
and we were getting ready to kiss--
so--it fit the Valentine theme!
Of course I popped that heart up but
at the same time
turned it into a little pocket
to hold a card I printed out with
10 Reasons I Love You
on it.
Now, had I planned ahead
(or had Splitcoast informed me a month ago
that they were going tell us how to do THE PERFECT VALENTINE
I would have ordered the CTMH 10 Things cards and used those--
oh well.
Necessity is the mother of invention so goes the saying--
and this worked just fine!
Anyway-
I made my list (quite easily!)
(I am told others have had a hard time-getting stuck at 5...?!
maybe I should have sent Marriage Encounter Weekend
information with them...?! Lol!)
 Then I printed off the info for
the House of Blues Gospel Brunch Breakfast Buffet
I will take him to --hopefully this Sunday.
Years ago we talked about going-and never did.
Since he doesn't eat candy or sweets
I thought a day trip with some good food
and entertainment would be just the ticket!
So---
that's my VALENTINE SECRET!
Hope you have a wonderful day
and get lots and lots of LOVE!
I'm off to make some more chocolate rosebuds for
some coworkers
and sign the cards for the preschool kids.
Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings,


 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! How lucky is he!

Unknown said...

Sharon I am trying to find your bobble head card you made that you added to the link at my blog! I am dying to see it... could you post the link for me????