Thursday, November 29, 2012

I Just Gotta Vent....Please rethink Christmas Giving...

I don't mean to sound
ungrateful.
But...
as I sit here with yet another  FOUR more scented candles
(unlit, in a completely different room)
that is driving my allergies nutso...
I just want to scream...
 
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
DO NOT GIVE
ALLERGY-SCENTSITIVE FRIENDS...
body lotions, bath oils, perfumed ANYTHING!
THIS INCLUDES CANDLES!
 
I'd much rather have
a handmade card-or even a plain store bought card...
than something I cannot use at all
and have to pretend yet again
that I am gracious about receiving.
 
Those that know me...
know...
those that don't and pretend to...frustrate me.
 
If you have someone on YOUR LIST
that you aren't sure about...
but want to give something to....
a generic gift card
no matter how large or small
would be MOST APPRECIATED
over something that reminds us
yet again
that we are overly-sensitive to things
and we lose out...both on the gift
AND by having our feelings hurt.
 
And for me...it's not just perfumes.
I cannot eat wheat.
And by wheat...
that means
ANYTHING with "traditional" white flour...
not a lot of people (including dieticians!) get that....
but yet
I graciously accepted the poundcake
a friend brought after my surgery...
and I will NEVER turn something down
the preschoolers offer me...
they are too young to understand and I would not
hurt their feelings for anything.
 
What to get?
A gift card.
A promise to get together to do something fun
(ie TIME together...)
I scrapbook-buy me GLUE STICKS for God's sake!
Just don't give me perfumed stuff!
My eyes are itching, my head is killing me
and I can't breathe.
Beginning to wonder--
is this friend wanting to do something nice---
or trying to kill me?!!!
 
If you care enough about someone
that you want to give them something....
then please please please
take the time to find out what they'd care to receive
and make it count!
Are they not worth that much and, if not...
why are you even bothering?!
 
End of rant.
Unfortunately, not the end of the headache
or the allergy attack.
 
Until next time,
happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings,




No comments: