Saturday, November 24, 2012

Two for One...



Today's post
has not one but TWO projects!
Hmm...Super Saturday maybe?!
 
I have to admit that neither one of these cards
were what I had *planned*imagined*
when I started!
Our "groupies seem to think
that the things Theresa and I create
come out exactly right on the first try-
HA!
So doesn't happen most times!!!
 
First up is a postcard for my friend who winters elsewhere.
She usually includes a card telling her friends
where she will be when and how to reach her.
I saw a postcard embossing folder and I knew it would be perfect.
Then I went in search of a vintage
Sunshine State postcard photo to use.
No luck.
Plan B involved a stamp of a scallop shell
but
it was too overwhelming.
Plan C was the winner!
I pulled out my Close to My Heart summer stamps
and found the
Perfect Day stamp set...
I added image with the fence and sea oats first
stamped in chocolate
and then decided the seagulls on the top left
balanced everything perfectly...
what do you think...
These are oh so pretty in person---
I even wrapped them in a paper doily
and since I don't have parchment paper
(note to self-get some!)
I used waxed paper for the see-through factor
and tied them with twine.
I need to make some of these for myself!
And maybe an Etsy shop, too...
been kicking that around for awhile now.
 
My energy didn't stop there!
I moved on to a sample of Christmas cards for her.
I had envisioned this card
with a Christmas tree embossed on that far left-hand side.
Not happening.
I got a new die from a new (to me) company.
It's awful.
That pretty postcard embossing folder
came with another one that has these
beautiful corner designs that fits almost perfectly
when the flip  card when folded
so I just ran it all through at once.
The sentiment is from the CTMH Pear & Partridge Cardmaking Kit.
There is room on the backside of that flip section
to put whatever sentiment she desires.
We'll see if she orders them...or not.
 
Today I need to run a few errands
and then make a thank you card
(I have THE PERFECT stamp set for it--can't wait!)
for a beautiful gift my goddaughter gave me
a week or so ago...
Think I will save that for Sunday's post.
 
Until next time,
happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings,


 


No comments: