Friday, August 23, 2013

Pack up the back pack...

NOTE: SCROLL DOWN TO NEXT POST TO SEE
ALL THE BACK TO SCHOOL PARTY IDEAS!
 
THIS POST FEATURES....THE BACKPACKS!
 

 Isn't this ADORABLE?!
Yeah, I may be a little biased...
but my groupies were impressed
and I am, too!
Here's a side view...

 
and a back view...


 
I cannot take credit for designing this project---
Becky at INKING IDAHO
 created it
and the template AND/OR a precut kit
can be purchased by going to her blog
just by clicking here!
It is a real deal (cost wise) and her instructions are top notch
(words and pictures, step by step!)

I first purchased this template from Becky some years back.
I liked the *new* look (scalloped!) she gave the flaps-
and those were easily cut with the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge
from Close to My Heart.
These are girly--but they easily adapt for a boy--
change out the papers-use brads vs. bows,
a rougher looking ribbon = backpack for a boy!
Back to Beckys instructions
(Blogger is doing something weird with all my punctuation mark stuff
all of a sudden...bear with me-I did pass college English!)
 
The ribbon measurement for the straps that she gives
is most generous--I even cut it down some
but she gets an A+ there as one thing I despise
is skimpy ribbon (measurements or in  kits!)
 
Trust her instruction steps and DO NOT
put the box together
until you have attached the backpack straps!
Ya just don't even want to go there!


I did change up a few things...
I did not bother with eyelets at each of the holesfor the straps--
I did not have enough (of one color) on hand,it was a cost-saver not to
and there's not that much stress on them.
If I were doing 1 or 2 vs. 6, I would have.
 
The other minor change was to the front pocket.
I simplified it some by just cutting a full rectangle
matching her measurements,
scoring across for the bottom of the pocket
(again, matching her measurements)
and then along either side
and just cutting  along the bottom of the pocket side  flaps
to make a small box out of it.
The rectangle was just easier.
 
Then came filling them...

 
 
 
 
I found the back to school survival kit list
somewhere on-line.
I looked at so many websites and posts
I have no clue who to give credit to for that...
and I added the hand sanitizer to the list as well.
 
 
I found a free template on-line for notebook paper
and sized it in Publisher and added the title and list.
Oh-and a personal note under bubble gum--
my god-daughter and I had watched some Duck Dynasty videos...
great Christian messages behind each one!
I then used the Stampin' Up roll-a-dex punch to
make the edge appear as if it had been torn out of a notebook...
 
 

For the front pocket...
I took a stack of small post it notes
and broke them apart into smaller pads.
I stamped note to self on the first page
then had to cover the sticky top of the back page...
 
 just grabbed my Washi tape!

 
 So...
those were the backpacks!
I placed one at each place setting.
The pencil I used...are the small golf pencils.
I picked up a box of a gazillion years ago...
and whoa-just had a brainstorm--
these would be great for a mini-version of my pencil wreath!
Hmmm!
 
Gotta go grab some pencils...hot glue and...
 
Until next time,
happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings,
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 














 




No comments: