Monday, January 12, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things...

Anybody that knows me knows that POP-DOTS top the list! I love pop-dots! I once took a class and thought, "gee, this really needs pop-dots added to it to make it even better"---and so I did...page after page...and when I finished the book---it wouldn't close! Lesson learned: too many pop-dots..can SOMETIMES...be a bad thing?! Lol.
Next to pop-dots, I would have to say SLIDE MOUNTS are a favorite of mine to use in projects. They make such nice little "frames" for things. I used so many that I finally bought the large slide-mount die so I could cut my own! Pricey but worth it. I have a "stash" of small ones (THE STAMP QUEEN graciously lets me use her small die cut when I am in Winston-Salem and need to replenish my supply...) but then I found this great set of SLIDE MOUNT STAMPS* from Close to My Heart!!! I played with them for the first time this past Saturday---and whooo-wee...you will see them cropping up (and popping up!) in a lot of my projects! I needed to make a card for our new --well, what do you call the parents of your son's girlfriend?! Raymond proposed to Meredith before Christmas and she said yes! So we have a wedding coming up in the spring of 2010--As (step) mother of the groom I was supposed to contact her parents first-opps! Anyway-I needed a card and had new stamps to play with...so this is what I came up with. Since the stamps are clear...you can actually see where you are stamping and placement of the image in the slide mount is a snap! There are large and small slide mounts in the set as well as different designs on them and words to fill them. Of course you can always cut out the center and add a photo! The possibilities are endless!

CATS are another favorite thing and again, any of you who know me know that I have been struggling to find answers to Inky's health issues. It seems we've hit upon the right vet (Dr. Travis at River Road Animal Hospital, Southport, NC) and he is on his way to recovery once again. We've not pinpointed the issue---but she is determined and I feel most comfortable with her and her skills. Answered prayer for sure. THANK YOU to all of you who have/are praying, and have listened to me endlessly fret about him. He is such a sweetheart and my "baby".

Speaking of SWEETHEARTS...don't forget VALENTINE'S DAY is right around the corner! Get that card stamped NOW so you don't miss it! I have to confess-I've been caught more than once stamping and scrapping minutes and seconds before Brook came home when I've put it off! My "groupies" will be well-prepared after Friday's class (and gee, we'll be doing a card with BOTH pop-dots and slide mounts : ) and will have Valentines for friends and loved ones alike! I will post what the group does on Friday---as long as the camera cooperates!


Well, one must go to work to support one's habit...so, until next time...happy stamping and scrapping! Blessings, Sharon

*Unfortunately, this set was discontinued in 2008! : ( boo hiss....but...you can buy slide mounts---and cover them or stamp on them-or get a die cut for a cutting machine and cut your own...give them a try in a project...If you're in my group I will gladly give you a few to play with---or stamp a few to use-or---try ebay-that's where I found my set!

No comments: