Tuesday, May 25, 2010

(Almost) One Stamp=3 Cards!

First, I have to apologize to Christine and Buck-I got so excited over my new (old) cabinet yesterday that I FORGOT to post my Artful Legacy project for this week! Christine seems to keep up so well posting all our work and then I forget! Sheesh! Take a minute and check out their store--www.artfullegacyrubberstamps.com
and the blogspot as well for some great ideas on how to use their stamps. You know, I don't know about the other DT women, but from start to finish, it usually takes me the better part of a day to get projects made, the blog written, photos taken and then fighting with Blogger to get them posted. We do it because we ENJOY it-but we do put a lot of time and energy into it so, while your there, please leave us some feedback-we like to know what you think of our efforts! Ok-onto my post...I've posted the only photos that Blogger would let me upload-it decided to stop on me and no amount of coaxing would work!


This week is a "three-fer!" With (almost) one stamp and a little help from my computer, I created not one but THREE cards from Artful Legacy’s South Carolina Palm (Med./SKU # ALF 606 K) stamp. Yes, I know, I live in North Carolina–but I have to confess that my husband and I love the South Carolina emblem. The palm tree coupled with the crescent ( or "God’s fingernail") moon is just elegant. I couldn’t resist!
The first card I added a flower with a face-center as well as the "For you..." The inside sentiment says that the card is from a G.R.I.T.S. girl... What’s that? You thought grits were something you eat? Well, yes-that’s true-but it also stands for "Girl(s) Raised in the South." Born a yankee, I was transplanted to Florida at age 11 and moved to NC in my early 20's, so I consider myself a "GRITS" girl!
The second card has the words to the song "Carolina Moon." I confess-I have heard the title over the years but I don’t think I ever heard the song sung until I Googled it today. Hmm...just perfect for "from me...missing U" on the inside. Of course the palm tree and crescent moon was a perfect fit for the outside and it is simply pop-dotted over the words.
The last card, but not least, is simply the South Carolina Palm stamp set off by a decorative corner punch. A simple yet sophisticated note card that’s blank inside (lined with white of course).
And...I could do a whole lot more with this stamp! Need a palm tree to go with that little hula girl image? Just make a mask and/or trim out the moon and you’re good to go! Need a moon shining down on that camp out layout? Just stamp and cut out the crescent moon. Artful Legacy’s stamps give a clear, crisp image and, as you can see, add a lot of versatility to your stamp and scrapbooking projects! Check out the store–www.artfullegacyrubberstamps.com and, while you’re at it, see what the other design team members are working on by watching the AL blog at http://www.artfullegacyrubberstamps.blogspot.com./ Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping from this GRITS girl, Sharon
ps/If you've been following the process of the craft room redo/cabinet...it is IN, the stamp cabinet on the wall has been moved, much to my liking across the room (didn't think that was an option so am elated over that!)--now its up to me to sort and put things away. Today will be spent in the dentist chair after work so I doubt there will be much done today...tomorrow is newsletter to the post office day---so it may be the week-end before any real transformations take place...don't worry-I will keep you posted!

No comments: