Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Sweet time Stampin' & Scrappin...

was had by all, I think I can safely say, that attended our group meeting last night-which reminds me---we still need a NAME ladies...! Our project was "A Card and Two Pages." (I apologize for the poor photos-next time I will try to remember to take the pages out of the protectors! We used Close to My Heart papers from the Veranda pack, CTMH Juniper and Chocolate ink as well as stamps from the Live Inspired set. The die cut-a bird in a cage-is literally to die for (even if it is by Tim Holtz!)-and I thank Theresa for loaning me hers before she ever broke the seal on the package! That is SOME FRIEND to loan you a new stamping/scrapping tool before she's even had a chance to play with it! We stamped, we sanded, we made the envelope interactive with a slit in the page. Oh-and the bird on the second page is masked-so we learned that, too! Our gals are super and Theresa and I absolutely love teaching them-they are like sponges!

The subject of my pages are two fine young men who I call "my boys" and I have some fine memories of them as they grew up (how'd they do it so fast is beyond me-I can't possibly be this old!). For sometime, I was known by the nickname "Shari" (remember Shari Lewis and Lambchop? Yep-that's who I was nicknamed after)--Well, I was on a shopping spree with these two and the youngest was trying to find my name in a rack of personalized coffee cups. No luck. I told him my real name was "Sharon"-and then explained it's another name, or an "alias." His older brother had, only a short time before, questioned his mother as to why they called me "Aunt" when I wasn't really her sister. So---after we arrived home from our afternoon outing of shopping, ice cream and other treats, the youngest runs up to his mom and says, "Mom, Mom-did you know "Aunt Shari" is an alien?!" Lol. Not only had my "Aunt" status been in jeopardy, but now I was an alien Aunt at that! My boys. I sure am proud of them! Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping. Blessings, Sharon

No comments: