Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Avoiding mirrors....

Me--taking a picture of me--while on the phone with Theresa after a disastrous new "do" (color)!
Ok-I am sorry-I didn't get my Artful Legacy post posted to my blog *yet*---go visit http://www.artfullegacyrubberstamps.blogspot.com/ until I do. Right now, I am doing my best to AVOID MIRRORS and wait until my hairdresser gets back in. I have found THE BEST HAIRDRESSER I've had in years. He does awesome cuts with my naturally curly (when short) hair---and I even got brave and had him not only color but highlight it before Christmas. I cannot count the compliments I received. Red hair is very, very hard to do and get to look natural! David did it-awesomely well! Until yesterday. Yesterday he decided to add "a little more red". My past experience with tweaking a good thing in life is "DON'T!" Why I didn't scream is beyond me-other than he's so good at what he does...I trusted him. It is dark--very, very dark. Unless I am in bright light. Then it looks more purple-y red than red. I am now one of THOSE WOMEN who I point at and say "that's NOT NATURAL RED-that's a dye job!" (we've all seen them! Mine didn't look this way-until today!) The librarians literally gasped when they saw me and somehow I don't think it was the new glasses (they are very similar to my reading glasses.) I warned my husband in a phone call...his words when he saw me? "I think you should come over here, let me put my arm around you, and have a good cry!" Ahh geez...then he kept telling the cat, "It's ok--it really is Momma-she just doesn't look like it-go sniff her and you will see!" Theresa, God love her, told me it looked really red, really brought out the green in my eyes and looked "kinda cool"!!! Have I said lately how much I like Theresa?! Thankfully, I know that David will want me to be happy with it and will work his magic to make it better. The other trick is going to be---he's leaving next Wed. for back surgery and will be out for at least 2-4 weeks, if not longer! So---until I get back in his chair, I am AVOIDING ALL MIRRORS. If I am not looking at it I can PRETEND its better than it is! Worst case scenario? I have to live with it until is washes and/or grows out! Just another minor bump in the road...

Thanks for letting me vent!

Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping!

Blessings, Sharon

2 comments:

Stressed Stamper said...

Oh I really love it - stick with it - I think it really suits you...

Whimcees said...

Hello!

I think it looks lovely! :<)

Thank you so much for your kind comments! Wishing you a wonderful week!

Barbara Diane