Sunday, August 29, 2010

Has anyone seen....

Good Sunday morning! It is a beautiful day here-sunny, not too hot (at least not yet...) and a slight breeze. I have done a little too much "Flying" and my body is letting me know--so I think today will either be spent curled up with a good book or sitting in my craft room (why I stand most the time I am in there is beyond me!)
Anyway---because I have been "flying"--I got to spend a good bit of time in there yesterday playing! I have some new stamps that were just dying to be inked up! I saw the video for the slider card on Splitcoast Stampers. Since Theresa and I did a class on a slider book-I knew the basics for making the card. It is not hard and it sure has "WOW" power! The front of the card you can see here...The pink paper is watermelon from Close to My Heart and, unfortunately, it is being discontinued. I used my last piece on this project. The background stamp is unknown-I bought it years ago unmounted and, behind the lady is a post it note that says "gone stamping"--hence the messy kitchen! I just thought it was perfect for this card and covered that part up...now you know why she's off-center! The lady is from River City Rubber Works as is the saying.

Circle stamps are part of another Close to My Heart set. The embossing folder I think is Tiny Bubbles by Cuttlebug (I think!) And yes, that is a MS punch-my MS scallop punch died and, although she has cute designs, her punches are pitiful. I've had more break than work and since they are pricey and she doesn't stand behind her product, I refuse to buy more.They have an AWESOME variety of stamps-a lot of tongue-in-cheek(y) sayings. And, although they do not list Paypal as a payment option, if you e-mail them your order, they will send a Paypal invoice. I love their stamps! I was going to wait and send this card to Theresa--but I couldn't wait to post it! She may get it anyway! She listens to me complain enough about hot flashes, migraines, and all the other ailments connected with that horrible "M" word. Although my (now retired) doc said I am simply "sputtering!" TMI! Sorry! But if you got a LAUGH out of this card---you KNOW exactly what I am talking about! At least doing this card took my mind off it for a little while!

On an end note, here is what happens when I try and Flylady the refrigerator...NO--I typically DO NOT LET CATS IN MY FRIDGE!!! They-or rather Inky--happened to hop in there while my back was turned--Poppa Cat was wondering what he was doing and claims he told the "baby" (aka Inky) he was going to get in trouble and to get out of there! LOl! Don't fret--it got an awesome scrubbing out afterward!
And, this is what happens when I take my tool(s) out of their bag to use them...
This is "Bad Cat" (my husband named him before he met me!) He is my true crafting buddy! He hangs out most of the time with me...he has, however, been known to con me out treats, leave, and come back 5-10 minutes later telling me "NO, Momma, you didn't give me any treats, HONEST!" thinking he'll get more...Mom's a softy so he usually does! Well, off to do something productive and hoping these old bones don't protesteth too much! Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings, Sharon

2 comments:

Stressed Stamper said...

Love the sentiment on the card - fab clever sesign - and love the MS punch....so your dining room is a craft table - that can get cleared in 15 mins, and your poor cats you let them freeze in your fridge! - good job it is hot there..Here in UK Sunday has nearly gone...shame - you enjoy..Hugs Sarah

Theresa Dagostino Forge said...

The card is awesome~ and I love badcats new hideout!!!