Friday, March 30, 2012

Flying on Friday -- Part 2

There's a reason
Flylady says...
only take out what you can do in an hour...
no more...and then
I did the dresser-go me!
And promptly moved on to the closet.
I took out all my clothes...
shelf and rod...
and by the time I ende up with this...

I was tired and overwhelmed.
When that happens-go to Wal-Mart!
Lol!
I did-I took a break-ran some errands
(I actually wanted some Zero
Kiwi Strawberry carbonated water from WM--good excuse!)
and came home.
I looked at my old clothes dividers

and decided I needed new ones...pretty ones!
So I detoured to the craft room.
I used the AP CTMH cartridge to cut the scallop--
I used some old circle templates to cut the center out-
I ran it through the Big Shot

THE PERFECT STAMP to go with it
from Find Your Style

stamped in CHOCOLATE of course
(part of the reason a lot of those clothes are a wee bit small---
nah-it's the dryer's fault!)

Since we live at the beach (high humidity)
I decided to encase it in clear contact...
all the layers-just make a sandwich
and trim around leaving about 1/8-1/4" edge to it
so it stays sealed...


I used the AP cartridge to do the label shapes
and I cannot remember the name of the alphabet set---
but I liked the random letters...
added a lace bow--and stopped there!
Oh-pop dots--of course-
that popped up the label and the dress shape...
You also have to make a slit for it to slip over the rod...

Here it is in my closet..
I hung it up-and ran into technical difficulty
because of even though the weight of the embellishment
isn't much 
it is on one side-
so my marker immediately did a summersult...
sigh.
Back to the craft room-the glue gun...
what to use to "weigh it down"?
26 cents worked just fine-had to fiddle a little
to get it in just the right place...but it's good enough for me!


Now...
to go unload this
so I can sleep there tonight!
Tomorrow's another day, Scarlett-
I'll make more dividers...
swap out winter for summer!
Until then,
happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings,
p.s.
that first photo?
The stop sign?
This is the reaon I took it...
if you look to the bottom right
you will see...

these guys sitting in the sun!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Love your clothes dividers!

Theresa Dagostino Forge said...

The dividers are a great idea!, and the turtles?. Oh my!