Sunday, November 3, 2013

Still Here...


Halloween has come and gone
(and I know I need to change my blog backgrounds, etc.)
and so has
HOLLY DAYS 2013.
 
This is a one-day craft show that I
and my great friend Theresa do together every year.
I have worked myself to death getting ready-
and was sooo excited with new products---
I wish I could do a scratch and sniff through the screen
for the
Coconut Bath Salts, Lavender Bath Salts,
scented Mermaid Bubbles (rose, lavender or coconut)
with beaded bubble wands to match,
and some oldies--
Lavender dryer sachets
and of course CATNIP!
 
I got up at 4:45 AM Saturday--to rain.
Thankfully, by 7 AM
it was a slight drizzle and
by the end of the day
we even saw a peek of sun.
 
Our booth
was by far one of the best.
We were told that by more than one person!
We had the most unique items and great deals.
If I had a dollar
for everyone that stopped in our booth
and said how good it smelled-I'd be a rich lady today
and my offering this morning would have helped a whole lot more people.
 
Sadly,
I had lots of sniffers---not as many buyers as I hoped.
 
Maybe its the weather-the time change-
my fibro kicking up with the weather
and the wear and tear of packing, unpacking, set up, break down,
reload...unload, inventory, repack....
I don't know....
but I am feeling a wee bit sorry for myself today.
 
Granted,
it wasn't a bust;
I am a little richer
(let's not talk about cost vs. profit...that changes the whole scenario!)
and I had fun.
 
Theresa and I met at HD we can't remember how many years ago.
The first year she shopped my booth--
the second year her husband chatted with me and encouraged me
to talk to her because she stamped and scrapbooked, too.
We swapped phone numbers
and the rest is history.
 
We have one more show a little closer to Christmas.
I am going to venture to a local shop or two
and start an Etsy shop.
And put it all in His hands.
That's it in a nutshell.
HE KNOWS what I need---and don't need.
And I know I need...to trust Him.
It all works out, eventually.
 
To those that helped me get ready and get through,
a HUGE thank you.
To those that did buy---THANK YOU, TOO!
 
Until next time,
happy stamping and scrapping.
Blessings,



1 comment:

Lara said...

I'm sorry your show wasn't more successful. I stopped doing craft shows years ago, but then again, I live in a vastly different area from you. Back to the subject at hand....I'm glad to hear that you have plans for an Etsy shop. My family adopted 2 cats this summer and I immediately thought of your catnip toys that I've been reading about on your blog. So.....hurry up and open your store! ;) Thank you!! P.s. I do love your paper crafty stuff too, that's how I found you. Blessings.