Friday, July 2, 2010

So HOW COOL are these...?!

OK---so I am early---but HOW COOL are these? In case you haven't figured them out, they are fans! Yep-fans! This idea is not original with me---and I tried for an hour this morning to find the blog I found them on---without success. Using the Top Note die from Stampin' Up (call Theresa, ladies!), a fat popsicle stick, some heavy weight cardstock and/or paper backed with cardstock and a bit of ribbon and adhesive, you, too, can create these little wonders! How festive they would be in a red, white or blue bucket as a centerpiece for your holiday BBQ?
Or, my other thought was--how welcome they would have been at that outdoor wedding I just went to! Use the bride's colors and print their names and date on them? What a cute, COOL keepsake that would be! I am of that age where I have lots and lots of energy--that comes in POWER SURGES (aka HOT FLASHES!)--and I think I am going to make at least one of these for every room in our house! Lol! What fun--I will try and use papers and designs to match the rooms! These are cheap, cheap, cheap to do-and so quick!
I wanted to add that people often ask why pay for classes-I can make that without help! Yea-I thought I could do these, too! Decided to color dust the edges after I had glued the layers down! I discovered a new trick for doing that! Remind me and I will share it in my next class! The further you put the popsicle stick down on the die cut, the sturdier your paper part is. Yes, you can turn the die cut so its longer-and, that would fit into a purse a bit better. I made a cute one out of bright summer colors. For the 4th of July ones, I wanted to mimick the flag. I was going to add some sparkle---but---didn't want to take the chance that a piece might fly off and land in an eye-what an irritant that would be! So lots of little things that we tweak and fine tune so YOU can sit down and make the best possible project thanks to our mistakes ahead of time! When there are no stamp or scrapbook stores, and you try something that doesn't work and it was your LAST sheet of THAT paper...yep, classes pay off!
Back to housework!
Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings, Sharon
Top Note Die Cut-Stampin Up
Striped Paper, Inks-Close to My Heart
Stamped images-Close to My Heart
Popsicle Stick - not from our WM! Try AC Moore, Michael's etc.
Ribbon unknown

1 comment:

Theresa Dagostino Forge said...

They came out beautiful!!! Job well done~