Thursday, October 28, 2010

No Tricks Here-Just Treats!

Whew! I did it! 28 treat bags together in one evening! Theresa to the rescue once again! Thanks, T!

We don't have any trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood--we're surrounded by rental properties-so I have to look elsewhere if I want to have any Halloween fun! The preschool is a great place for me to do just that! I decided (yesterday!) on the Goldfish snack bags and the tubes of bubbles. I called Theresa at 5:30 for a quick topper idea. She said just use the Top Note die (Stampin' Up), fold it over, and then stamp something and attach it. So that's what I did. The dp is Close to my Heart and I did cut CTMH purple cardstock-I didn't even glue it down-just cut them out thru the Big Shot, scored them with the ScorePal. I secured the bubbles in a small Ziplock and then stapled the snack bag, bubbles and topper together. I stamped the Happy Halloween in CTMH black and embossed it. Punching was another issue! Every punch I had was either too small for my designs or too big. The scalloped oval-too big. Inspiration came when one was stamped too close to the edge--hey-just trim it down! Kinda looks like a pumpkin to me and frankly, are 2-4 year olds REALLY going to care?! The spider rings...will be used on top of the muffins I am going to make tonight, top with colored sugars and cinnamon, and then put 2-3 spiders on top with cute "EEK!" and spider picks. Pics tomorrow. Hubby doesn't know-yet-these are treats for his office! I so need grandkids to do this kind of thing for!

Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping! Blessings, Sharon

No comments: