Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pigs and goats and sheep and cows and...

OH MY! Am I a happy gal or what? Not only was the VA Fair as wonderful as usual--in that I got to pet and play with all the animals to my hearts content--we heard great music by Bob Zentz, ate two blooming onions (yea, I cheat on the wheat but its worth it!), watched rodeos--my darling husband selected a hotel only 5 minutes from the fairground that had a breakfast buffet, microwave and fridge--and a HOT TUB. Trust me-there will be on of those on the back deck before this time next year! We thoroughly enjoyed that and at the age we are, the aches and pains sure make it worth it! In a week or so we go to the NC State Fair and do it all again! I cannot wait! I must be a country gal at heart. A farm with petting zoo for kids would be my ideal. While dh raised, sold and ate pigs---I would have them all named as pets and would not be eating Wilbur or Bambi, trust me! Not had much time to craft---and, when I overcome my technical difficulties, I will post fair pics to tide you over! Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping. Blessings, Sharon

No comments: