Monday, July 25, 2011

Don't fall for it!!!

It's an enticing e-mail that showed up in my "inbox"--and possibly yours as well...
the tag line says "Buy gas & groceries and get free scrapbooking goodies?!" 
 It's a "SCRAPBOOK REWARDS" Visa card---
and it's a bunch of BUNK as my grandmother would say!
DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!
It will suck you in--who doesn't want free scrapbook stuff--
and oh, the oh so pretty designs you can choose from
for your own "scrapbookish" looking card...
What it WON'T TELL YOU
(so they can sucker you in...)
BUT I WILL
(because you're my friend, after all!)
is that there's VERY LITTLE of your purchases
that will "qualify" as points towards your
"Free Rewards"!
I forget now what specifically they need to be--
but it is extremely limited---
not all your purchases as they would lead you to believe!
And the interest rates as ASTRONOMICAL!
Then, heaven forbid, life gets tough and you miss a payment-
your REAL nightmares will start then!
These people called
no less than 4-6 times a day. Every day.
Starting almost before dawn.
I am not kidding. NOT.
It took a large number of Sharon fits
(I am a natural red-head of German descent...)
until I finally SHUT THEM UP.
Please don't fall for it. Not worth it.
So not.
This still makes my blood boil-can ya tell?!
Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping!

 

No comments: