Monday, August 13, 2012

No Adhesive Allowed!

Sadly,
we have a young man from our church
who is serving a life sentence
without chance of parole.
His mother and grandmother
sit in front of my husband and I
every Sunday.
His birthday is coming up this week
and a plea was made to send him cards
to let him know that we care about him
and are praying for him.
But---
I know from having helped with the Kairos Prison Ministry
and making (stamping) place mats for that
that NO ADHESIVE--STICKERS and GASP---
NO POP DOTS
are allowed.
Not even a sticker return address label on the enve.
I **think** this will pass--
all the paper is layered only by slipping it into slits
made by the Stampin' Up "slitty" punch
(that's that little half-circle you see...)
and the flip part is using the SU Framelits
All the paper is Close to My Heart
Footloose (sadly retired)
The name is the Bohemian Alphabet stamp set

and the sentiment is an "oldy-moldy" stamp
from my stash...
it's soooo hard to know what to say...


I hope it will make a little difference...
Now that I know that I can do this---
without adhesive...
I can do a little more to reach out to this young man.
He has changed
and I have no doubt that he can touch and change lives
even where he is...

Until next time,
happy stamping and scrapping.
Blessings,



No comments: