Sunday, October 21, 2012

My TRICKS and Their TREATS!

Today
didn't start off on a good note
one of the cats
decided when Poppa left for Wal-Mart
at 7:15 AM
(don't ask me why!!!)
Momma needed to know about it.
Not much sleep after that.
Did I mention...
I could have slept until 8?
Projects today
went down hill
after I had to go to the same store
husband was at earlier
and they didn't have what I needed.
I just had to make do.
Not enough sleep-having to "make do"
did not make Momma a happy camper.
 
After a almost 2 hour MUCH NEEDED nap...
I decided to try one more thing.
And that put a smile on my face!
 
Halloween is upon us
and I am sure that I will have
20 little 2, 3 and 4 year olds
knocking on my office door!
What to do that's not too scary?
 
I thought about the "Pumkin Teeth" holders
and candy corn

but again, they are 2, 3 and 4
and the correlation would be lost on them--
and all they are REALLY going to care about
is the candy inside!
 
So...
I applied the KISS principle---
Keep it simple, Sharon!
And---no POP DOTS are needed!
lol!
(Theresa's in shock right now...!)
 
So-here's my TRICKS to make these...
gather your tools and supplies--
you will need:
cardstock or designer paper
adhesive
crimper
paper cutter (not shown)
stamps and ink (if not using dp)
and of course --CANDY!
(not sure why the empty glass is there-?!)

Now, I needed to maximize my paper
as my supply was limited---
I cut my paper at 5 1/2" x 4" so I could get
an extra one or two out of a 12x12 sheet...
This is probably the absolute smallest you can go
and get a fun size package of M&M's in there!
I'd recommend if you have enough paper
cutting it at 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"!

I then stamped my design and added
To: You
From: Ms. Sharon
(I am not one of their teachers-
I work in the church office and
thought parents would want to know
where it came from)

Next put adhesive on ONE SHORT end
and BOTH LONG SIDES

Roll the short end around and make a tube...
(think toilet paper roll here...)

smoosh the bottom together

stuff your candy in

and smoosh the top together in the opposite direction
of the bottom...
(think the sour cream holders Wendy's used to have....)

Next stuff one end into your paper crimper
and roll it one or two turns
flip it to the other end
and do the same thing again.
This just gives it a little extra "oomph"
and staying power to keep it sealed
(it looks cool, too!)
Here's what they look like all done...

I did 30 in about one hour
I was stamping the "Boo"
and "To/From" on each one as I went
otherwise it probably would have been quicker
if I had stamped all images
and then assembled.
I was going to add a ribbon
but remembered
KISS...
and  I left well enough alone!
 
So-
there you have it-
my TRICKS to make their TREATS!
 
BTW
the little black cat
highly approved of the stamp selection!
 
Until next time,
happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings,






2 comments:

Theresa Dagostino Forge said...

cute! and not a pop dot in sight!!

Whimcees said...

Hello!

So fun and easy to make! Love this treat container and will be using variations of it for the holidays! We had SNOW today in this part of WI - Whoa, I am NOT ready! Wishing you a great day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane