Friday, August 21, 2009

Let's LUAU!

Once again, my photography does not do the subject justice! My goddaughter has a friend, Andy, visiting from out of town. Andy had wanted to have a luau-themed party for her birthday and for whatever reason that didn't happen. So when Andy came to visit this week, Maren decided that was one of the things they were going to do--so on Wed. afternoon-we "Luau'd"! No, I didn't make-or decorate the cake-that high credit goes to our local Wal-Mart bakery! The dolphin were actually jumping out of the water! It was beautiful--much like the decorated ones I've seen at various state fairs with blue ribbons on them!

What I did make, however, were starfish necklaces (which I had planned on...) and then goodie bags (that I dreamed up 8 pm the night before then made 9! lol---!) I always get carried away but the girls like them and one even said she was "even way more impressed" once she found out I had made the necklaces. 9-year old's can (most times) be awesome for your ego! Here's a picture of their bags... I just used a mm, 3x5" muslin bag, stamped Mary Engelbright's "Beach Fairies" stamp in CTMH Hydrangia, added beads and ribbon. Two hours and a trip to Food Lion later, and I had goodie bags with a wire-and-bead wrapped starfish necklace, some real shells and what else for a luau/beach themed party but Life Savers! Other than the starfish, I used stuff I've had for AGES in my "stash"! I buy stuff, save it (for whatever reason!) and it sits. I've finally made the realization if I use up the old...there's actually room for NEW! lol. The girls were adorable in their flower lei's and tops, grass skirts, bikini's and summery outfits. There was, as you can imagine, LOTS of giggling and screaming. Ahhh...to be that young again...well, maybe! ; ) Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping. Blessings, Sharon ps/Maren, I am proud of you for being sensitive to Andy's wish of having a luau party--you two gals did a great job with the party planning-right down to the flamingo and hibiscus hot pink toilet paper!!!

1 comment:

Stressed Stamper said...

Like the idea of stamping a gift bag with the present inside...you don't ever seem to stop doing things - it is a gift I guess women have - multi tasking....take some time out.
Hugs
Sarah