Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Believe...

Whew! I made it!!! Yes, well, the card, too! No, I'm sighing because I made it to the post office-and back!-with ten minutes til closing time! I had promised my friend, Andrea, I would make and mail two gift card holder cards by Saturday---last Saturday. As you know...I ended up spending my crafting time to and fro-ing from the vet's office...hence the cards didn't get made until today! But I did it! This was one of those (I confess!) grab it and throw it together---but I really like the way it turned out. Theresa had this Santa image and I absolutely fell in love with it. I had to have it--and got it! It's a hard to find vintage one but it is also a favorite already! I stamped with Olive CTMH ink on white, distressed the edges of the dp (not sure whose it is!), and glittered the "Believe" (again, CTMH stamp set). Wanna EASY-PEASY way to do glitter on solid pieces like the letters? Run them upside down through a Xyron sticker maker or full-size machine-sprinkle on the glitter...give it a good rub and whala! Instant glittered object! ; )


The die cut arrow gift card holder insert is called "Look Here" from SU--call Theresa to order yours! I love it love it love it!!! So my card says (outside) Believe then, on the inside, "..and you shall receive--Merry Christmas. I happen to know Andrea is going to enclose checks so I thought that sentiment was appropo! Since its obscene to have "naked mail", I stamped the Santa face just off the left side of the enve! I can't wait to use this one some more!!!

Well, I am exhausted, haven't done the first bit of housework, have glitter on my face, and the cats are complaining that its past time to eat. I'd better get back to it! Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping! Blessings, Sharon
COMING SOON---my Christmas card; gingerbread ornaments sure to bring a giggle; my Jan. CTMH special offer...and who knows what else---oh, a tip--something a seasoned stamper probably should've known...and didn't!





No comments: