Thursday, December 10, 2009

Something...

...is better than nothing! I guess...?! I am in such a "BAH-HUMBUG" mood this year. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the merchants starting pushing Christmas well before Thanksgiving (even before Halloween in some places!)...and it seems to drag on forever. I lost the TRUE SPIRIT of the season before it ever really got started! Anyway...I have been working on Christmas cards for a customer that, if I do say so myself, are awesome. I know-I promised pics of those and haven't done it. She called me yesterday and said, "I doubt I will ever do another Christmas card-this one is just too awesome!" Made me feel good--and bad! Lol. Anyway, I finally asked the "keeper of the list" (ie our Christmas card list...) how many we needed...he told me there were 90 on the list but we only need 50 cards! Ok then. So had I designed any? No! Do I have papers? No. Do I have any place remotely close to get papers? Three guesses...! So, the card is simple simple simple (with the exception of getting a clear and perfect image stamped on the front (large post card size...!) Even with the mat trick, it's difficult at best. And I know there is something so very simple that I can do to spruce this up---but I don't want to call Theresa this early! It needs just a little something to make it "pop". Ideally, I would layer some dark green behind the white, but that is not an option. What do you think...?! It is an easel card---and I opted to make it so that if the recipient wanted to display it the signature would be on the "inside" easel part and not the outside. Well, I need to go get a few things done before heading out to my real job...Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping! Blessings, Sharon

No comments: