Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Remember these?

These are  the "carrots" that my friend Theresa came up with when she saw the Stampin' Up Petal die.  They are way too cute and have room for a small bag of jelly beans or chocolate eggs nestled in a little grass inside.  I first made 30 of them for the pre-school director at the church I work for.  Then my husband took a few to work and put them in the break room.  I *think* the orders he took rounded out to 40! So that's what I've been busy doing the past few days!  Easter is "late" this year but it is creeping up fast on me all of a sudden. 







Thinking I had this week-end to make the pinwheels for the preschoolers I thought I was in good shape-until I realized yesterday that...this Thursday is their last day as they are off for spring break next week! YIKES! Thank God the dollar store had some small pinwheels 3/$1. (I got it in my head that that's what I wanted to do for them--I always loved (and still do!) pinwheels!  I will "dress them up" by adding a punched flower with a cute bunny stamped center to the stick and a note from me on the back.  Guess that's what I will be doing this afternoon!
Once that's finished, I need to finish prepping the kits for our class next week and then I have orders for 30 wallet accordion books for the preschool as well. I decided to do this as a fundraiser for the school and hopefully to get my name out there as a Close to My Heart consultant.  Did I mention Easter and Mother's Day cards that need to be mass-produced for sale as well?! I think I need to be twins or triplets! Lol.  I sense a shopping trip to Michaels for Theresa and I to get ribbon and more "ammo" for tape gun, though!
I did take time out last Sat. to visit the Azalea Festival and the Cole Brothers Circus with my goddaughter, Maren, her mom, Susan, and Maren's friend, Katie.  The weather was nice and it was a great belated-birthday celebration for me.  Maren made a scrapbook page for me and did an AWESOME job!  Got a Crazy Cat Lady mug and two beautiful pottery bowls with dragonflies on them.  They really outdid themselves! Will have to post pics later on.
Well, the coffee mug is empty and I have a few other blogs to hop on over to so, until next time, happy stamping and scrapping! Blessings, Sharon

No comments: