Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Recipes...

So, like me, you've probably been drooling over the new "ingredients" in the Summer Close to My Heart Catalog. The good news is--I went to the "grocery store" and have something I whipped up to show you! From aisle---uh, page 94 I scooped up the MY CREATIONS RECIPE BOX. This is a sturdy, good-sized box that comes just waiting to be "iced"! It's perfect for recipes---and I chose the new CTMH CHERRY-O Papers to do just that. I first attached the red stripe to the base of the box and then covered that layer with a layer of the cherry pattern. I printed the "My Recipes" on the red striped paper for the flap and, I have to confess, I used some back gingham paper (source unknown) as well as several stamps from the Taylored Expressions set called Berries & Cherries. Of course...I used Pop-Dots on the layered circle as well as Liquid Glass on the cherries to make them really "pop". U added red rick rack (again, source-other than ACM or Michaels-unknown.) I think it makes a great addition to my red and white kitchen. Add the recipe cards found on page 32 and this would make a great wedding shower gift--just ask each guest to fill out a recipe card and bring it for the bride-to-be. Instant great menu! One of my stamping groupies, also named Sharon, suggested it would be a great way to keep track of addresses for wedding---just use different papers and appropriate themed stamps! So the smorgasbord is HUGE for this new little gizmo! Have fun and, until next time, happy stamping and scrapping. Blessings. Sharon

1 comment:

Betty said...

Love love love that cute little recipe box.