Thursday, April 1, 2010

Taking Today for ME...



Hi all. Please be sure to scroll down and see my Artful Legacy post and project for the week. Particularly in light of Easter not too far off...


I've been battling a number of ailments this past week or so and, if any of you have hung out around a church office during any holiday season, you know it can be wide-open busy. Having not felt good but, at the same time, having finished 3 bulletins, one newsletter, large print worship folders on top of the day-to-day tasks, then hearing we may have unexpected company for the week-end, I KNEW I needed a day off. My boss graciously agreed. So here I am. Today...I took my time looking at my favorite blogs before I dive into the things here at home that need to be done---and I plan on working on one or two small projects just for me! I needed time to tie up loose ends in a lot of different directions. I've felt unsettled and uneasy for sometime (maybe its just the soon-to-be-50 thing?) and today I can deal with some of it!
I promised I would post this this past Tuesday-see what I mean?! Oh well! It's not like you haven't seen the easel card/calendar's I've made before. This one is for a friend who is struggling to get through a difficult-at-best situation! I am sending one of my herbal headache pillows to go with it! I think she will enjoy both--at least get a smile out of the calendar. No, I didn't make it a full countdown (365 days...) just from 99 down. I liked the relaxing colors of the aqua and the picture of the lady in the chair---well, it pretty much sums up how I think she feels! The image is by Impression Obsession and I love it! It's one of those "go-to" stamps I've used more times than I care to count! Anyway-I am whatever I accomplish in the crafting world as it happens. One thing I do hope to accomplish this week-end is cleaning the part of the kingdom called the CRAFT ROOM so I can actually work in there again! Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping. Blessings, Sharon

No comments: