Monday, April 5, 2010

Still Celebrating...

I just love it when Easter falls so close to my birthday...it just seems like one big giant party and I can't think of a better reason to celebrate than Easter! Christ is risen, new life in Him, death has been overcome as has sin by His sacrifice on the cross. Saturday was my birthday, Sunday was Easter. Today is my "nephew" Matthew's birthday and, on Friday, Noah Jason Walker was welcomed into the world! He is the son of a delightful young couple who attend our church and he is their first. Just so much to celebrate and be thankful for!
I did do a whole lot more this week-end than what I can show you now-gotta wait for the postman to make some deliveries or I will spoil the surprise! Here are some of the birdhouses I made thanks to Theresa loaning me her SU milk carton die---the dp is Martha Stewart--i paid more for that pad than I care to admit BUT I got a ton of things out of it so it was worth it in the long run. I delivered 6-8 of these to friends of ours who are well, friends, some of who are also shut-ins. There are candy-coated eggs inside-yum!












Then I got this delightful birthday card from my protegee and goddaughter, Maren. She made it herself...complete with pop-ups, (hand-drawn) photo corners, a photo of herself in bunny ears! Did you notice the ribbon for the stems of the flowers?! This gal has been stamping since she was 2! I have pictures to prove it! She stuck her lip out and had huge tears running down her cheeks when I gave her paper and crayons--she wanted to STAMP! Think she takes just a little after someone we know?! Lol!
Ok-confession time. The kitchen table-is covered. the craft room-disaster. The coffee table in living room-well, it has stamp stuff too. Boxes in the hallway. I'm on it. My husband is working today-its just me and the cats! I will post before, during and after pics--more to keep me on task today than anything! Better go put the 3 cups of coffee I've had to use! Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping! Blessings, Sharon

2 comments:

Stressed Stamper said...

So So sorry I missed your birthday - Happy Belated Birthday, love the boxes filled with goodies and love the MS punched roofs...
Sarah

Theresa Dagostino Forge said...

Maren made a great card!!! and your birdhouses came out great.