Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Put Your Sunglasses On!











First, my apologies to Christine and Buck-these photographs do not do their stamps justice! The weather here today is cloudy so no chance of good lighting for photos! The colors in these cards though are really, hot pink, orange, lime green and a teal color and the patterns, along with the colors, to me anyway, just SHOUT 1960's-1970's (although I barely remember those years-being a mere child of 10 at the latter! Lol!) I used Artful Legacy stamp Amy and Friends (SKU AF 11 M) for the image on the front. Let me back up and say—I tried what’s called Joy Fold cards for the first time–and I am in love! If you want a "knock your socks off-easy peasy card" this my friends, is it! I used two different sentiments and altered the sizes as well. The AL "Be kind to strangers" stamp (SKU ALS 1671) on one and "By Being Yourself" (SKU ALS 1265 I) on the other. On the "by being yourself" card, I added a polka-dot that you can slip the front image behind to display the card with the image and sentiment together! And, by simply receiving a card from the OKI Stampqueen-who wouldn’t! (Lol! I really suffer from low self-esteem!) Speaking of "made by who", I also stamped the back with the "Hand Stamped by Me & My Cat" stamp (SKU ALS 1089 D) as well as the (large) Black Cat (SKU AL 390 H) who, while is the next-to-smallest cat in our household, is, indeed, all black!). I am very seldom alone in my craft room-one of three cats (this varies, however, on the dispensation of treats!) is usually in there with me. Today, Inky decided to keep me company but scooted out before I could snap his picture. He was napping in the sort-this-paper box!
I hope you enjoyed today’s cards as much as I did making them! Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping! Blessings, Sharon

No comments: