Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Mosey-ing on by...

So-
I *did* get the room done yesterday
and even got a swim in...
--INSERT BIG SMILE HERE--
and then...
I made a mess making
THERESA'S BIRTHDAY CART...er, CARD!!!

It was 10:30 and my printer isn't working-so instead of a license plate
this will have to do....and, "FYI"--
if you try to hot clue label tape to something-
it will melt the letters right through! just so ya know...!

Is it not ADORABLE???!!!
It's a Golf Cart
that I found when I looked at the coffee cup tutorial
(that I never got made!) on Friday.
You can purchase your instructions here
just scroll down Lori's sidebar and you will see it.
I did tweak a few things...
and the roof is actually an envelope that
will hold the little card you see.
The inside of the cart needed a little something
so that's a small bouquet of flowers
sitting on the seat.
The "headlights" are two Close to My Heart crystal brads
and the present, candle, card and "awning"---
were all cut out using the new CTMH
Cricut cartridge!
I "propped up" the package and candle using the little box pop-up technique.
And...I have a confession...
I was soooooo tired when I was working on this
and I had a sip or two of my rum drink...
and I was trying to do the wheels....
well, instead of reading 4  -- 3/4" wheels
I read
4 3/4" wheels!
When I took them out of the Cricut
and saw how HUGE they were--
I had to laugh!
Monster truck size wheels for her golf cart!
lol!
I have to take that along to show her-
I love to hear Theresa laugh!
While Lori suggests using a GIFT CARD
for the roof
I opted for the envelope so I could tell Theresa
that she FINALLY has a bird book coming.
She is always asking me what this or that bird is
and it's a bit difficult
when I am here-
and she is there...
a brown bird...well, you get the picture!
So she has a Sibley's field guide coming her way...
For now, I have to go clean up that table
and put away a little bit of the other things I pulled out
before I go deliver the golf card-er, cart!
I promise a photo or two of the finished room
tomorrow.
Until next time,
happy stamping and scrapping!

Blessings,

No comments: