Sunday, September 18, 2011

Something Simple for Sunday...

Just wanted to do a quick little something
since it's Sunday and, after worship,
one should take some time
to play!
(and yeah, it's the Flylady way, too!)

So this is what I whipped up...


I used some retired "Olivia"  Close to My Heart papers that I had on hand
and the Fright Night stamp set (p. 68 of the catalog-only $9.95!)
along with some purple and green ribbons from AC Moore





Is this "baby" one not adorable?!
Believe it or not it holds 20 (regular size!) M&M's!
(yeah, I counted-they were good, too! ; )
Either one would make cute party favors--
or even place cards!
Think buttermints or nuts for Thanksgiving or Christmas
(with coordinating papers, stamps & ribbons of course!)
and a little tag attached with the person's name!
Hmmm....!
Now I can't take credit for this idea-
I found it here
on Angie's site.
I did change things up a bit, however--
When you go to score the diagonal score
on the four corners of your paper,
simply line your paper up on your Score pal
on the diagonal-(think diamond ; ) )
with the top and bottom points
lined up with a score line
and simply score from the outer  point in toward/to the first score line
easy-peasy!
She also closed her baskets with a binder ring
and that's nice but not necessary.
I simply threaded ribbon through
and tied a bow.
Raffia would be pretty, too!
The "baby" basket is only 3x3" square
scored on the 1" line all the way around.
Use the smallest hole on your Crop-A-Dile
and be gentle when putting your ribbon through
and tying it off as it's close to the edges
and would be easy to tear...
I think now it might be time for a nap!
Got some other things to do today
but a nap sounds good right about now!
Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings,


No comments: