Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry CHRISTmas...

I hope everyone had a wonderful, quiet, restful and blessed CHRISTmas day! We went to church last evening for a wonderful candlelight communion service which helped me significantly to refocus. It's not about the stuff, or the food, or the presents, or the decorations...or whose here and who's not...it's about the Babe in the Manger. It doesn't get any simpler than that. My card says it all (see previous post).
Yesterday...I played with my new Cricut (thanks, Theresa-I love it! And you didn't have to post it to ebay! ; ) )--and I made these awesome cupcake holders. On www.thegreenbeanscrafterole.blogspot.com --at least that's what I THINK her site is (blogger won't let me cut and paste!)---she took socks, rolled them, put them in a cupcake holder and put a pom pom on top! Too cute! She also has one that looks like an ice cream sundae! So this is how I wrapped the socks the gals got to go with their bath salts that, I think-are out of this world! I met the maker at a craft show earlier this year-a very nice young couple. Not only did he give me a price break, pay my shipping, but he also put each jar into a decorative gift bag! I did nothing but add a gift tag! So if you want a real treat--deal with Island Skin Sations Salt Scrub-Mr. Jeff Lamb-910.228.1351. They don't have a website that I know of but I hope that's up and coming for them. I fear I will lose his card--I tend to put things in SAFE PLACES and forget where that safe place is! Oh well! It's something I won't be without from here on out, that's for sure!

This is what the "ELVES" were up to yesterday as I was running around like a crazy woman trying to get things finished...note darling hubby's feet behind Poppa Cat here...and, even though it's hard to see, Inky (below) has his little paw over his eyes! Today it was my turn! After our step-son made it safe and sound, we ate, opened presents, and napped for at least an hour and one-half! We'll have leftover turkey and trimmings for supper, watch Prarie Home Companion Live (my new dvd-we are Garrison Keillor fans!), and go to sleep. Tomorrow-who knows. Maybe
a trip to town for a few bargains? Or I will start cleaning the magic (craftroom) kingdom! I am so excited to finally have time to do that!!! And I like to get things in order before the new year sets in--won't get it all done-but can get a good start and then just follow Flylady for the rest. REST-that sounds good, too! THANK YOU, for stopping by. Lots of new things coming for 2011--so stay tuned and invite your friends to check me out. More creative posts, ideas, freebie projects...maybe even some blog candy! Until then, happy stamping and scrapping! Blessings, Sharon

No comments: