Saturday, December 11, 2010

Send in the ELVES....

Please! HELP! I am in the middle of a mountain of laundry, decorations AND trying to MASS PRODUCE a card order.
Santa has a whole crew---we kill ourselves by trying to do it with one self elf--maybe two if you sweet talk hubby into giving a hand! Whew. Anyway...I had to take time to do these cute little tags--they are going on the bird seed treats I found in Birds and Blooms. I knew they'd be quick and needed an "instant gratification" fix! I wanted to do something for the preschoolers at the church I work for-one class ALWAYS brings me a bag of Christmas cookies they make and decorate-this year I wanted to have something to give them. "Inexpensive" as x 30 was key. Had birdseed-had gelatin and of course, water. Just because the recipe said pack into cookie cutters-plural-and let dry...why did I think that I could pack and pull it off and then let it dry? Learned quickly that that wasn't going to work and not wanting to spend days and weeks on this project-just lined muffin tins with wax paper and packed it in. Peeled off paper and now they are drying for a few days before I package them. I much prefer the one or two heart-shaped ones but, bottom line, will the kids care? I doubt it! I printed the sentiment on white cardstock and a note on the backside that its a cupcake for them to share with the birds. Super simple. The SU bird punch and the red and green papers added just the Christmas-y touch it needed! I think this may be next years Christmas card-simply add "peace" and be done! ; ) Anyway-I will show them all packaged up later this week. The next project is to mass-produce 25 of these--sorry for the poor photo. The stamps and papers are again SU. I wasn't thrilled with the Close to My Heart selection this year but I love the blue, white and cream colors SU had. My customer wants a sentiment added to the right and thankfully Splitcoaststampers has the list of red, blue, green codes for SU and CTMH inks so you can match ink colors with printer colors! Then, tomorrow, I get to try these babies I found on http://www.bettycrockerwannabe.com (you can't click the link and get there for some reason-sorry! Cut and paste into google--it's worth it! And turn your speakers on as she has beautiful music, too!) Are they not ADORABLE?! This was my original idea for the kids-but the preschool director hired me to make them for her to give. I'm a sucker-pun intended-and said ok! Besides, they will get this as a treat for them from her, and birdseed treats to share with the birds from me-a good lesson in getting, giving and sharing--and what Christmas is all about! Anyway--check out her blog for the how-to--and wish me luck! Well, better get on to it! Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping. Blessings, Sharon

No comments: