Friday, June 5, 2009

Something New...

So...last year when I signed up to be a Close to my Heart consultant, in the kit I received was a beautiful linen Hollyhock colored 12x12 album. Having a real "girly-girl" in my life (alias Maren) who at one time LOVED pink (now she tells me orange is her favorite color-but we won't go there!), I thought "ohhh-perfect! I will do an album all about Maren." Well, fast forward about 8 months and I am just now getting around to thinking about really doing something with it (gee-doesn't it take 9 for babies to be born?! maybe its the same with some ideas? lol!)

All that said, I just had what I think is a brilliant idea. Since I am just starting this project, and a number of my friends have been struggling with doing albums of their own, as I work on this project I will post the photos and "recipes" for the pages as I go. I will, of course, be "showcasing" the Close to My Heart products (I will list them at the end of each post). Now, if I were as smart as one of my customers (hi Sharon B.who orders all the coordinating things for her projects at one time--) I would already have everything I need to complete the cover. But...I don't. I will have to wait on the order I just placed : ( --but, while I/we wait, let me tell you about the SOMETHING NEW I tried...it is the STICKSTOCK ADHESIVE BACKED SHEETS. It comes in twill or linen (I chose linen), they have adhesive backing so you just peel and stick... but the best part is...they are printer-friendly! I took the photo of Maren and, using Microsoft Publisher, set it into an oval shape and then just printed it out. I did hold the paper firmly until I felt the printer "grab" it (the back is slick). I will trim this out, attach it to my album, add the embellishments and abracadabra the cover will be done! I can see so many ideas for using the linen and twill---tags, photos, trims...it will give a nice little bit of texture in a not-so-traditional sticker format! Whoo-hoo! Am I excited! Think Christmas cards with a cute little sentiment stamped on it?! But I digress---back to Maren's book...

While I wait for my order to finish my cover, I will continue rounding up all my photos of her, put them in chronological order, and then place those into page protectors. This way all my photos are in one place, in order, and I can easily view a # at a time because I will use the CTMH pages that hold 6 pics to a page! ; ) Well, I'd better get to it! Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping! Blessings, Sharon
Products used for Album cover: 12x12 Linen Album (Hollyhock/Item #Z1201,pg.7, $ 27.95; StickStock Adhesive Backed Sheets (Linen/Item # X1400/$ 8.95 for pkg. of 3 size 8 1/2x12 1/2 sheets); Just Blooms Big Pinks (Flowers/Item #Z1033/16 flowers, 5 sizes, $ 7.95); Clear Sparkles (Item #Z1104/72 sparkles, variety pkg., $ 2.95; Dimensional Elements Monogram "M" (not shown/on order!/Item # Z1067, $3.25 multiple size letters on 9x6" sheet); Flower Trim by Wrights purchased at AC Moore; and of course...pop dots (not shown/AC Moore).

No comments: