Monday, June 7, 2010

I AM A SURVIVOR!!!

Ok, ya'll---I SURVIVED-the wedding of my step-son!(That's me, on the right-is it just my eyes or does the mother of the bride and I look alike?!)Any of you out there in blog land that have gone through things like this with ex's, ex's of ex's---well-you KNOW what I am saying! Theresa did not have to come and make bail; I did not end up under the table; I didn't tell anyone to kiss my tiara....---in other words, I BEHAVED. Darn! Lol. I deserve REAL DIAMONDS in that darn tiara-or at least a MINI COOPER, right?!!!!
It was all very, very interesting. One of the most touching moments was when Raymond (aka the groom), paid tribute to the brother he'd lost as well as his grandparents, saying that he believed they would be there with them at the service in spirit...and the toast that my youngest stepson gave to the bride and groom. Not so touching? The minister who didn't show up for the rehearsal (but made it to the dinner afterward!) and waiting in the heat and humidity! After we had gotten dressed, ready and even out the door-we were told that our eta was moved up---another half hour...and so we waited, waited and waited some more... It all went well, they are now Mr. and Mrs., I am HOME and HAPPY it's all behind us! Here are some photos and I will (attempt) to put captions with them! Unfortunately, I did not think to pass our camera to someone to get a photo of my husband and I--he was so proud in his tux! My daughter-in-law will probably have one though! Until next time--I am taking a loooong, well-deserved nap! Happy stamping and scrapping. Blessings, Sharon

Mr. & Mrs. Raymond Russell (my middle stepson and his bride, Meredith...) .
my youngest stepson, James, and his girlfriend, Carmen
My oldest stepson, Tommy and his wife, DawnMe...
and what a (menopausal) step mother does to keep (her) cool while waiting some more...no, I am not getting dressed-I was dressed and ready---when we were told we had to wait...so, rather than sit and wrinkle the dress or (gasp!) try to take it off after I had done my make-up...I ended up standing in our hotel room (did I mention the double bed we were crammed into?!)--with my dress up in front of the air conditioner!

2 comments:

Jo & Sam said...

Sharon, I can relate to you on this one!

Stressed Stamper said...

giggled at work - thanks - and you look nothing like her - she is way older than you....nice dress, and laughed at the marylin monroe ( not sure if spelt right) picci...