Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Birthday Wishes from a "Festive" Kitty...

Since I seriously doubt my 20+ year old stepson checks my blog, I think it's safe to post his birthday card even though it's a few days early! Since I have almost exhausted his favorite theme (surfing), I was stumped what to do. Of our three cats, "Poppa Cat" is by far his favorite...so why not a "festive" kitty to celebrate?! I used a photo of PC, a clip-art birthday hat complete with fibers, and the stamped images (celebrate, party on, balloon (the string says "let's party!) are all from Close to My Heart's February special "Good Times" set that I got for free! Again, boasting about the clear stamps and blocks, I was able to make the "Party On!" border using them
because I could actually see where I needed to stamp next as opposed to wood stamps where you can only "guess" where your placement should be. I also used what CTMH calls the "Block Buddies" (pg. 56 of the summer catalog, item Z1289, $ 4.95) to make sure my words were placed straight on the block. Block Buddies are clear grids that stick to your blocks (easily removable/reusable) that allow you to line up letters, words and shapes! I love them and simply leave them on my blocks which I store in the Block Organizer (pg. 104, item Z185, $22.95/blocks sold seperately on pg. 56). Having the blocks stored this way, I can quickly "eyeball" what size block I need for the stamp I want to use--no fumbling around in a basket to find one! So---just in case you are looking, Happy Birthday, James! Hope you like your card and have a GREAT birthday! For everyone else, just call, e-mail or leave a comment if you'd like a catalog of more great CTMH products and, until next time, happy stamping and scrapping. Blessings, Sharon

No comments: