Sunday, July 6, 2014

Happy Anniversary and The New Additions...

I think the world of our vet, Dr. Ali Travis,
and her husband, Mike.
She mentioned to me in one of our numerous conversations
this past week
that their 20th wedding anniversary
was July 4th!
Now while she's a fine vet
I do not know a lot about her personal preferences,
decorating style and the like.
BUT
I still wanted to make something for them.
So-
based on the fact that her office is yellow
as is the car she drives,
I "assumed" yellow was a pretty close favorite
if not the real deal.
Couple that with the pieces of what the world has called
"subway art"--which she also has displayed in her practice rooms
I thought the natural/chalkboard/subway art look
was the way to go.
So here's what happened when I went to work on it...
I covered an 8"x10" canvas with a piece of scrapbook paper...
sanded the edges to give it a distressed look.
Broke out the burlap ribbon (left),
cut and pasted a number of designs from a paper pad
I bought to use on a project for myself...

stamped a few tickets to add along with the roses and leaves...
and made a photo pocket and attached that to the front as well.

It will be easy-peasy for her to insert her favorite photo
and change it out when she wants!

Then I went to work on the card and envelope...


Of course there wasn't a plain kraft gift bag in my stash
so I recycled --pun intended!--one
by covering up the sticker on it with a matching decoration!
 


Here's the gift bag with the envelope and card in front of it...
of course I snapped this pic in the car on the way
as I forgot to take a pic of it when I took the others!
I added a burlap and yellow and white ribbon bow to the handle
then attached the card with a weathered clothespin!

I hope she likes it!'
I dropped it by her office
when I went to pick up the new additions...
Meet Susie Q and Sir Stirling....

who's who? Lol!
This is Susie Q...she weighs a whole 3.8 lbs at 9 weeks old...

and this is her brother Sir Stirling
who weighs a whole 2.8 lbs at 9 weeks old!

He played so hard yesterday afternoon....in mid play he just dropped his head down
and went sound asleep! 
A few minutes later this is how my husband found him!
Both their little bellies have such beautiful markings!
 
They LOVE to play...

and eat...

and then they crash!
Regardless of what they are doing...
I can't help but smile!
 
Until next time,
happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings,



No comments: