Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Wake Up and Smell the COFFEE!

Is there really life before COFFEE? I think not! I am a coffee lover. Some would say I like it semi-light and sweet. My cup...is huge! It looks very similar to Artful Legacy’s cup stamp (sku JB 138 L)! And that image was the perfect "blend" for the "Is there really life before coffee" sentiment (sku ALS 170 I). As I said in last week’s post-sometimes things work and sometimes they don’t! I thought pouring the coffee beans into the photo side and sealing them with Modge Podge would do the trick. Oh SO not! Lol. Plan B. Make the photo side into a shaker box! Yes, those are real coffee beans in there! I added the bow, button, bag of coffee, etc. and this just makes a cute little what-not to sit on my Hoosier in my kitchen! I enhanced the coffee in the cup with a
little Crystal Effects and brought out the "steam" with a blend of Martha Stewart glitter.
The card was quick(er!) and easy, and is pretty self-explanatory. Color dusted edges of the base, punched the oval and backed it with the sentiment, added the "embellies". The sentiment on the inside I simply printed from the computer. Now that my post is done, I think I will fix a REAL cup of java, put my feet up and admire my handiwork!









ps/for those of you who hung in through my entire post...here's a TIP I learned by reading the latest issue of Creating Keepsakes--I've loaned my copy to Theresa or I would give credit where credit is due--particularly for this tip as I think it's worth the price of the whole year's subscription. To clean ink-including Staz-On (and yes-this DOES WORK!) off acrylic blocks, wipe them off with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Now, I think most would know to use the "normal", non-scrubby ME--but, just in case-I will say it-use the non-scrubby/abrasive ME. It magically removes the ink. Even dried on ink. Even dried on for years ink! Lol. My blocks are now ink-free. I wish I had learned this trick before I used even a wet abrasive cleanser on them --oh well. Oh-and for this part of the tip I will take credit. Take the ME and cut it into smaller pieces--you only need a small piece to clean blocks at one stamping session and then you can toss it out! More bang for your buck ; )

No comments: