Saturday, April 24, 2010

What I accomplished....

"I'm tired of cleaning, Momma-I think I need a nap!" so says the baby (aka Inky!) Lol. I had lots of help as you can see...first the baby, then Bad Cat decided the box of paper I was trying to sort was a good place to sit...and of course Poppa Cat had to come and check things out as well!
I did get a lot accomplished but I didn't finish.
I stopped to play! I have been in search of something to hold my embossing folders in my SU Doctor Bag. I wanted to keep them all together but didn't want something as big and bulky as the notebook Cuttlebug sells. Hmm...I tried a visor cd holder (too narrow), checked travel bags (everything too big), office supply (nothing quite right, either) and then I thought the CTMH recipe box would work-too small, too. But then as I was cleaning today, I eyed my CTMH 3-ring binder I just got---IT'S PERFECT! Almost. It will hold about 10-12 embossing folders. I made the "envelopes" to hold each one out of cardstock--I think that added a good bit of bulk but I also wanted durability. None of the papers are CTMH---stuff I've had forever in my stash. I covered it with clear contact as I knew traveling back and forth, handling, etc. it would get a fair amount of wear and tear. YES, THERESA-I actually made something WITHOUT USING even 1 POP-DOT! I am in shock, too! Lol. As I said, the enves are plain white cardstock and I run each one through the Big Shot with the folder its going to hold. I will (eventually) make labels for the enve tabs (which I ended up not "closing" after all-the enve itself is snug enough and even though Theresa and I put our heads together there was just no easy non-bulky way. I've set aside the rest of this paper so I can make the second book to hold the rest of my stash! I will simply divide them out into "backgrounds", "Florals and Frames" or some such. There's plenty of room in the bag for two!
Anyway-that's what I've been up to today. It's a good tired. Until next time, Happy stamping and scrapping. Blessings, Sharon
photos: front, inside, back
yes, that's a library card stamped on the back of the enve (left side)---that way I can make a note if I want of projects that folder is good to use on or if I want to loan it out who it went to...
the right is the distressed stripes embossing folder by Cuttlebug---