Maybe it was working on the
TURBO KITTY COSTUME
I don't know
but something spooked me into
playing around with the
Cricut Artiste cartridge
and this is what I came up with...
That black cat looks a little familiar! Lol!
I cut the casket at 6"--leave off the real dial size
to make the lid and base of the casket fit together nicely.
A little trick the CTMH ladies shared with me.
The tombstone I cut at 3" (I think!)
I cut the outline layer and ran it through the embossing folder
and then inked it with some black
to make it look a little more like stone.
I popped up the front layer and backed the RIP with
a small piece of black.
Added purple gems in between the initials
and green ones made the purrrr-fect cat eyes.
(please excuse and ignore the white pop dot
peeking out from behind the back foot--
why is it you NEVER see these things
until you go to post the pics??!)
The grass is just hand-cut.
I found that if you cut really really narrow slits
it even gives it some curl!
The bats are a small punch I have
and I simply attached them to strips of transparency
so they look like they are flying.
I had on hand from my
before I crashed 3 Cricuts--days
(still think it's my Art Philosophy cartridge)
and the web is merely quilt batting
Are you ready for the surprise?
I cut out the skeleton at 5 1/2"
and backed the pieces on a piece of transparency
then trimmed around it.
Next I cut the casket at 5 3/4"
and set it upside down inside
to give the skeleton a lift.
To make him pop up even more...
I added a CTMH spring!
While this makes him kind of jump out at you--
it also created an issue with the lid staying on.
I solved that
by taking 3 quarters and taping them
to the underside of the lid
close to where the spring is centered
and then covering those with the center portion of the lid
with the flaps cut off.
If you wanted to include a treat---
you could simply lift out the base
the skeleton is on
and tuck it underneath!
I also thought it would be cute
to attach a note in his hand!
That's it for today!
I had fun just playing for a change
and am happy to say
I used things I already had on hand!
Until next time,
stamping and scrapping.