Friday, April 18, 2014

Easter Treats for My Peeps...

It's been a busy, stressful, frustrating couple of weeks.
I spent last week-end with my friend Theresa
doing a craft show at a local Catholic church.
The first time-and last--for us.
It was of course the one time I didn't take our hand-truck
and we got there only to realize we literally had to drag things
across God's green acres to get to the hall.
This included her heavy tables.
 We made it-but we spent most of Saturday and all of Sunday morning
looking at the other vendors
who were sitting around looking at us.
Last year-it was a well-attended show.
We bought from several vendors.
This year-I barely made my table rent back
and I am not sure that Theresa even did that much!
And, once again, we had the better "booths".
I was in such pain by Sunday morning
both Theresa and my husband offered to sit with my stuff
and bring it all home but I toughed it out.
Monday I was in extreme pain but, being a church secretary,
with Easter week by far my busiest week of all year,
I went to work anyway.
Mistake # 2.
For 7 months I've been waiting for a new computer and software
all the while saying---it needs to happen BEFORE April or AFTER MAY.
Three guesses what was on my desk when I walked in on Monday?
One laptop, (another) my monitor and a chaos of cords.
Of course it (software) had all been updated and changed since 2007
so nothing was familiar.
 I had a complete meltdown. I had to leave.
It took me 2 hours (a couple of Xanax) and lots of tears before I calmed down.
I made it through the week-barely.
My highlight
was giving treats to "my peeps"--aka the preschool kids at the church.
Since Sat. had been so slow-Sun. I took my candy, bags and tags
and put the treats together.
My original plan was to give them a bag with 3 Peep bunnies in it.
That was until I opened the first 2 packages only to find that they
were all stuck to the back of the package!  What a mess!
Freezing them didn't help.
So I went to Plan B--my fail safe-mini M&M's.
The packages were adorable!!!
Of course I made 30+ tags (hand-cut with the Big Shot),
popped up the bunnies--and then thought about the fact that
I had not stamped Happy Easter to my peeps on them
or identified who they were from
(something I always like to do as I am not one of the kids teachers--and
as a parent, I would want to know who and where candy came from!)
So I hand cut 30+ more and attached them together at the top.
Added the raffia bow-and put them on the bags.
Of course I didn't take a photo of all of them-
and I had an assistant when I did my photo shoot today...

a little black bunny

I think they look good, Momma....

OK-I am bored-are we done yet...

I am posting the next picture for Theresa...
her Maltese Shit-zu mix puppy chewed up some starfish
she had displayed with some other shells...
This guy---has eaten this poor plant down to nothing---
it originally looked like a small fern-y type palm tree to me
(not to worry-I took the list of plants that are poisonous to cats
with me when I bought it...for this very reason!)
now look at it!!!


Lastly last week...while trying to get ready for the show.this guy
aka Bad Cat (seen here sitting in the box with my catnip fishing poles!)
had a trip to the vet.
He had not been acting right (laying down like it hurt to do that...),
not eating well...
and I knew we had had high count for but no lymphoma yet
back in January
so my heart skipped a few beats when the vet checked him
and said she did not think he was constipated-
could she do lab work and an x-ray.
was all I could say
she came back through the door and said she had been wrong!
So--Momma (and Poppa while Momma was at the show...)
were on poop patrol-and he was confined to one half of the house.
Which he did not like-and did not hesitate to make that fact known!
Good news is---he has improved and his tests show
that the hyperthyroid treatment he had in January worked.
The bad news is---
he is in early stage chronic kidney failure.
So yesterday afternoon Poppa and I took him back to the vet
and we had a lesson in how to give him fluids via iv.
Mind you-this is the cat who is the worlds best patient
for the vet and vet techs.
For us-not so much!
So this is going to be a challenge!
More meds--now fluids.
After getting some yesterday-he did eat well.
Oh-and his blood pressure was up.
So--the vet and a tech are going to make 2-3 house calls
(not until AFTER my cleaning lady comes!!!)
to see if they can get a better and more accurate reading
while he is relaxed in his own environment.
(Did I mention--his brother-aka Poppa Cat---
broke the bp machine when he was at the vets office!!!)
And they have to shave a little area by his tail
and then use an ultrasound type gel to do this
no wonder he is stressing! Lol! I would, too!
So-that is it for me.
I have a pinched nerve and muscle in my left shoulder
and have had a numb arm and hand all week.
Two chiropractic adjustments failed to help.
Just a little bit of stress, I dare say!
I also had a birthday-and need to make some thank you notes to send
so be on the look out for  those.
Until then, have a blessed and HAPPY EASTER!
Until next time,

happy stamping and scrapping!



1 comment:

Stressed Stamper said...

Firstly Happy Birthday - 2nd thanks for the messages keeping saying you missed me - back!...Hate craft fairs when no one turns up....and such hard work!....nice post...glad you are ok
Happy Easter Mrs Sharon!
Sarah x