I've not been in the magic kingdom much
these past few weeks---
It's really hard to craft with two (left-hand) numb fingers.
I see a physical therapist and I cannot wait!
I am right-handed but I do a lot---a WHOLE LOT with my left hand!
One of the things I do with said left hand
is hold books I read.
And I read---a lot.
Usually big books (300+ pages)--hardback and heavy.
And that is part of the problem.
So I bit the bullet and bought myself a Kindle.
The case however does not stand by itself
so when I want to stretch out and read
I either have to prop my knees up and balance it-
or hold it with the other hand.
I didn't want to spend more money
and didn't really see anything that struck my fancy anyway.
I had foam board, tape, scrapbook paper and hot glue
in the craft room.
So I went to work.
and here's what happened...
I knew I needed/wanted something like an easel card would be-
thinking that for sure would work.
Well, it did. Sort of.
I cut three pieces of foam board--
two were 5"x7" and one was 5" by 6" (guessing.../base piece).
I laid the foam board down on some tape
leaving enough space in between
so that they would fold easily and have some "give".
Then I covered the outside panels much the same way as you do a book---
I knew I was going to repeat the tape across the outside "joints" so I didn't worry
about the edges---I cut the outside papers at 6"x 8" and wrapped them to the inside.
I used hot glue to hold them down.
Then I cut papers to fit the inside-just a tad smaller than the panels themselves.
Then I tried to put tape along the joints.
And here's where I got into trouble.
I didn't get my tape straight.
I am sooooo picky and knew it would drive me nutso.
When I tried to peel it off---I of course tore the paper.
But you know what?
I did not have more foam board to start over
and I was NOT driving to Wally World and back to start over...
I fell back on "There's no mistakes in scrapbooking/stamping
just opportunities for embellishment"
and distressed that torn paper.
Looks like I planned it!
I cut a small piece of foam board and covered it,
hot glued it to the shorter bottom panel.
The easel part kept popping up and falling over.
No matter what I tried.
First I made the little brace you see---
and when that didn't work
I said the heck with it-
and just hot glued the easel part down!
It isn't so big that it needs to be folded and put away
when I am not using it--so leaving it sitting up is fine.
As my grandmother would say,
I made a silk purse out of a sow's ear (poor sow!)
I also realized this would b a cheap-cheap-cheap way
to make a display for any little art work
or to hold cards and such for photographs!
Last week was the last week of preschool
and I needed goodies for the kids.
I got bubbles from Wal-Mart's party aisle
peeled the labels off
embossed bands of white cardstock
and then used Publisher to design the "Bubble" tag I put on the front.
"Hope your summer BUBBLES over with fun. Blessings, Ms. Sharon"
I just hot glued all this together.
I kept it simple---
I did not use pop-dots
(in EITHER PROJECT!);
nor did I make the tag on front
look wet and shiny
(ultra thick embossing powder would be ideal!)
since I was doing 30+!
That's it for now.
I think I will curl up with my Kindle
and read a bit more
before I have to open
the River Road Animal Hospital Annex
as I call us since now all three cats are on medicines twice a day!
Bad Cat, thankfully, is doing well.
Just feed him while you give him subcutaneous fluids and he could care less...
Poppa Cat's blood sugar is all over the place so we're working on that...
and the baby, aka Inky hasn't been eating real well.
Think he's stressing over momma not being well and missing Ms. D.
Until next time,
happy stamping and scrapping!