Sunday, May 25, 2014

Memorial Day...


So...
I started out my over-booked hectic crazy week
with a car accident on Monday
while on my way to the physical therapist
who told me I have not one but two pinched nerves in my neck
(hence my two numb fingers.
 
THE GOOD NEWS IS...
no one was seriously hurt;
the cars were driveable;
the damage to the other drivers car
will be covered by our insurance;
and the damage to our car is just minor scrapes.
And I made it to my appointment on time.
 
The poor young man I hit
had just found out he had lost his job.
I asked if he was a Christian and when he said yes,
I immediately started praying for both of us!
I am sure he was ready to call the men in the white coats--
first this lady hits him and crunches his car
and then breaks out in prayer in the middle of down-town in a parking lot.
Oh well.
He did give me a hug before we left.
So-
prayers that God will open doors for him
he never even dreamed of.
 
My other good news this week is--
Bad Cat's blood pressure is coming down!!!
We may very well be at a normal point at home---
so in another 2 weeks we'll recheck it and his kidney numbers.
Keeping my fingers crossed (and my prayers said!).
 
 
I wanted  needed something simple and fun to do today
and as I was blog hopping
I found this:
 
 

which has great instructions on how to make it.
Here's my version:
 


 
Not only did I have EVERYTHING on hand to do this---
but it was super, super easy!
My only suggestion is---
DO put a layer of adhesive down along the outside edge of your circle
that will allow you to position your blue (first) layer of cones
and adjust them as needed.
I hot-glued mine and then ended up ripping them off
and repositioning them.
Doesn't show-but the other would have been easier the first time.
The other layers were a piece of cake to put in.
I'm not super at making rosettes
and with two numb fingers-it was tricky.
 
There are sooooo many beautiful variations on this on the web---
I cannot wait to make more!
Thank you, Marie, for sharing this!
 
Tomorrow is Memorial Day.
As the liturgist said in church today,
All gave some, some gave all.
I have two nephews currently serving
and I am very proud of them.
To those who have dedicated their lives--
along with their families and loved ones-
Thank you.
For those who have fallen
in the name of freedom,
may you rest in peace
and thank you
for the price you paid was great.
Remember...
it's not just a three-day week-end....
 
Until next time,
happy stamping and scrapping!
 
Blessings,
 



No comments: