Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Can you tell...I am "stuck" (somehwat) on a theme here...? RELAXing? I am not practicing what I should be doing for ME---so maybe I am trying to subconciously remind myself and help it sink in....sigh.
I know---you cannot see the detail on the tags very well--I promise to post the individual shots of them later (I'll be late for my "real/other" job if I do it now--we hate blogger!). This dp has been in my "stash" forever and I absolutely love the collage look of it. I got it before StampWorks in Wilmington closed if that tells you anything! But, I finally decided I needed to use it and share it---The letters are stamped with Close To My Heart Cocoa ink on cork, and attached with copper and gold brads. The tags are held together with polka dot ribbon layered between tags. The embellishments are really fun--a star fish, a crab trying to make off with the "E", a silver flip-flop charm, a glass pebble, twine, mesh, and, although you can't see it, that's a piece of mica placed over the sentiment on the "X"--it says "You only live once, make it count" (from a CTMH set). I'd love to keep this piece and adorn one of our walls with it...or leave it on a nightstand in the guest room...but it will (hopefully) be up for sale in Southport this afternoon. It's hard sometimes to let my creations go--I try and give myself a few days to look at them, tweak them, photograph them and "prepare" myself. I know that sounds strange...but they are apart of the artist and we are putting them out there to bless others...hopefully. Well, gotta go. It's a busy day but I am going to try and practice what I preach as I go about it. I'll let you know how I do! Until next time, RELAX, and happy stamping and scrapping. Blessings, Sharon

No comments: