Saturday, January 25, 2014

Beth's Future...

It seems like it's been forever since I've added a new post---
beginning to wonder if I remember how!
 
The good news is--this guy seems to be improving slowly.
Update: Sat pm-scratch this---we seem to be having
a major set back--I'm not sure what's going on at this point...
abdominal distress for sure--unknown cause...
and Momma stress for sure...
While his appetite is still not where I'd like it to be
he was sitting on the boxes under my work table
in my craft room meowing at me for treats.
Baby steps.
We dodged a bullet -- for now.
Thanks for the good wishes, thoughts and prayers.
It's so hard on me
when my "fur babies" can't tell me what's wrong!

 
I am friends with a young lady in our church
who was going through a difficult time.
I wanted to share some encouragement, strength and hope with her
and I thought of this image from Mo Manning...

 
I printed it out several times--colored the different layers and then started building...
the background image first,  then the crystal ball
(I cut and pasted the crystal ball in Publisher-added the text and printed it...)
that I first used Crystal Effects on and it just didn't give it enough "oomph" to suit me
so I dug out a flat backed glass marble
and used it instead (I used the CE to adhere it and it seems to be staying just fine)!
Then I added the last layer I had trimmed out-the hair, arm and face
so it really looks like she is leaning forward over the crystal ball.
 
It really could use some glitter and sparkle but-
the way things were going today,
it was better to leave this well enough alone!
 
On the inside...I added another image
with my message layered into it (again using Publisher)

 which I choose to make a pop-up on the inside...

 
I can speak from experience when I say that, no matter what,
God has our back.
We may not know or understand why things are happening as they are---
we may not like it (I've thrown a lot of tantrums, for sure--
I am a red-head (as is Beth!) after all...)
but
in the end, when all is said and done,
I can stand and testify that His way---and His will
is far better than anything I would have hoped or dreamed.
As that moldy-oldie goes...
Put your hand in the hand of the Man who stilled the water...
Put your hand in the hand of the Man who calmed the sea...
 
Yeah, I'll keep holdin' His hand--no matter what.
I hope Beth will, too!

Until next time,
happy stamping and scrapping!
Blessings,
 

p.s.
stay tuned-
today I am working on Valentine candy bar covers...
hope to finish and post tomorrow....tomorrow....
I love you, tomorrow...
 
lol-these random songs just seem to keep coming to mind this morning!












 




1 comment:

Stressed Stamper said...

Beautiful care - perfectly done - and am glad your cat is on the mend
Sarah