Sunday, January 26, 2014

Card in a Box: Third project in three days!

Can't believe it!
Spent more time in the craft room these past few days
than I have in the past few months!
This is it for awhile tho--
this next week and week-end is packed full.
 
My friend Theresa posted a project she found
on Facebook
and since I needed to make a birthday card--
I thought I would give it a try.
 
You can find the tutorial at  Frenchie Stamps
It looks complicated-but it is super, super easy!
I had so much fun decorating it
 
It is called a card in a box
and the idea is that it folds flat to fit in an invitation sized enve (A2)
and then opens up into a box
with stuff in the middle.
Since I was going to hand-deliver mine
I went wild with the pop dots (no surprise there!),
the layers and the embellishments!









I used CTMH cardstock and both CTMH and SU stamps
colors are CTMH blush and lagoon and plain old white
oh and spring green I think for the leaves... 




 
It is really, really cute in person
and it was soooo easy to do---the base went together in no time
and I spent the majority of the time embellishing.
That's my kind of project!
 
I have an issue with one of my stamp blocks---
I've never had this happen before-
it appears the ink has "leached into" the block...
there is no ink on the  block itself-it has literally leaked inside it....?

 
 This is a view from the side of the block

I am not a happy camper.
Not sure what CTMH will say----going to find out.
None of my other blocks have done this---and not sure why this one has.
 
That's it, folks!
 

 Until next time,
happy stamping and scrapping.
Blessings,




No comments: