Sunday, April 12, 2009

Create JOY...

So this card was virtually impossible to get the full effect captured in the photograph despite my attempts with various settings! In the "window" is actually a dry embossed image of a bird sitting on marsh grass. It's Cuttlebug's Bird Call and has fast become a favorite of mine as it lends itself to numerous occasions. The hibiscus stamp and Create Joy are both Hero Art stamps. Unfortunately, I am not sure who the palm tree stamp is by. The inks are by Close to My Heart-Sweet Leaf (the light green) and New England Ivy (darker green). I love the way they compliment one another. That's one of the "pluses" of the Close to My Heart line-all the hard part of matching colors is done for you so this was really a "no brainer"! ; )Plain white cardstock makes the base, but the green Bazzill makes the circle pop!


Rather than opening like a traditional card, the tag pulls out, revealing the embossed bird image on the hibiscus background. It opens up to reveal a definition of celebrate (again, Hero Art stamp stamped in CTMH Sweet Leaf and the invitation information with a small cocktail glass stamped in the Sweet Leaf as well. I designed this as an invitation for a family reunion gathering (birds of a feather gather together-sorry, I couldn't resist! lol!) which will be held at a state botanical garden, hence the flower and bird theme. I have to confess---my original protoype was much different--and when my customer suggested changes, I balked. I wasn't liking what she wanted and since I had to make 60...well...you can imagine. But as I played with the inks and colors and shapes, I found a pleasant blend and compromise. And I was surprised at how quickly they went together!

On another note, today is certainly a JOYOUS DAY--it's Easter. And for believers around the world, we are celebrating the resurrection of Christ our Lord and Savior. Brook and I braved the cool April air and headed to the Sunrise Service at Ft. Caswell this morning-we were listening to a beautiful solo as the sun rose above the Cape Fear River. Awesome. We came home and thawed out, had some breakfast and headed to our church for the 9:30 service. This afternoon we will (hopefully) create some joy as we deliver some Easter baskets and goodies to friends. How about you...what will YOU do today to create joy? Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping. Blessings, Sharon

No comments: