Thursday, December 24, 2009

A new "do"...and a little MIFFED...


and Merry Christmas (eve!). I have had, since my mid-20's, a gray spot in the front of my hair. As I've grown older, I've noticed gray threads thoroughout. Not a big deal-I EARNED those gray hairs! Lol. But my darling husband said my gray...made him feel old! Anybody whose done home color knows...its next to impossible to cover gray. And, as if that isn't bad enough, its very difficult to do red without looking orange like Bozo the Clown or purple... But today, I bit the bullet and went and had my hair professionally colored. Me sitting still long enough to have that done was no small feat in and of itself. When I came home, my husband didn't notice until I pointed it out and then he said, "Oh, yeah, you're gray spot is gone!" I take that as a high compliment to my hairdresser in that---it looks natural! I love the highlights and, I have to confess, the gray "pouf" that is no longer looks better. So that was my morning and one gift for my husband! Lol.
Now-I have to vent. A couple of my gifts are sitting God-only-knows-where in post offices across the US. Yes, I purchased them on-line. Yes, I paid, immediately via PayPal as most "threaten" that your order will be deleted if not paid for within 24 hours. Well, its my feeling that if I have to pay within 24 hours, they should have to SHIP within that time frame! But no, they can wait until whenever it strikes their fancy to send it to the post and we're at their mercy! One is a stamping company I've thought highly of-until the last two orders and I've waited days for the "your item has been shipped" e-mail. Not good-and not fair! I am more than a little miffed as both items had plenty of time to have made it (and yes, one is for ME!)--had they been shipped as promptly as I had to pay.
That said-it's Christmas Eve. I am as done as I am going to be for having been/still being sick. We're off to our candlelight Christmas Eve service and to take time to remember what this is all about, anyway. Christ's birth...his coming...to redeem us sinners. To offer us forgiveness and redemption. I can't imagine what Mary must've felt...holding her newborn...yet knowing his future...Mary Did You Know is one of my favorite (contemporary) Christmas carols...My "oldie" favorite is Sweet Little Jesus Boy...
Whatever you celebrate, whatever you do tomorrow...take time to listen to the quiet, to count your blessings, and to love on the one's you love...
Until next time, happy stamping and scrapping. Blessings, Sharon

No comments: